Summer Activities Return to the Provincial Capital
The Provincial Capital Commission (PCC) invites all residents to enjoy treasured summer experiences as they re-open to the public.
“It is a great time to embrace the summer months and enjoy the engaging experiences and tours that are now open for all to enjoy,” Minister Responsible for the Provincial Capital Commission Lori Carr said. “These family friendly activities are a perfect opportunity to learn about Saskatchewan’s rich history, and the experience the natural elements, ecology and wildlife that make the site that the PCC stewards so unique.”
The following PCC tours and experiences are available to book now:
- Government House private one-hour museum tours are available for one family group or social bubble up to nine people at one time. Visitors will need to pre-book and are asked to stay outside and enjoy the Edwardian Gardens until their tour time. Government House will have increased and rigorous sanitization after each tour. It is mandatory for visitors and tour guides to wear masks and physically distance at all time during the tour.
- Government House tour bookings can be made by using the online booking form at https://governmenthousesk.ca/visit-us/admission#Form or by calling 306-526-7090.
- Wascana Centre scenic ferry boat tours are available for groups of five or less. All tours must be pre-booked to ensure proper cleaning and protocols. Ferry tours will operate on Tuesday and Wednesday. A discounted rate of $40 has been established for the 2020 season.
- Wascana Centre guided walking tours are available on Thursday and Friday at 1 p.m. Visitors will need to pre-book these tour which will be available to groups of five or less. Tours are between 30 to 45 minutes and are free of charge.
- Willow Island is open for bookings on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. A maximum of 30 people will be allowed on the island and will be provided access to a fire pit and picnic facilities. Full cleaning procedures and protocols for the ferry and the structures on Willow Island have been adopted. All Wascana Centre bookings can be made via email at [email protected] or by calling 306-522-3661.
Due to COVID-19, a number or new protocols will be in place for all tours and attractions. For a completed list of updated protocols and screening measures please visit https://governmenthousesk.ca/ or https://wascana.ca/.