September 08, 2017

Government Calls for Public Representatives on Health Councils

Saskatchewan residents who want to make a difference in health care have the opportunity to serve on a number of health professional councils.

The Ministry of Health is seeking motivated people to fill important volunteer public representative positions on 26 self-regulating health councils in Saskatchewan.  Closing date for submission of resumés is October 10.

“Public members help to ensure the best interests of Saskatchewan residents are represented on these health councils,” Health Minister Jim Reiter said.  “We’re looking for people who are motivated to share their knowledge and expertise, and we value their important role in putting patients first.”

Self-regulating health professional associations include the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association, Saskatchewan College of Pharmacy Professionals, the Saskatchewan Association of Optometrists, the Saskatchewan Dental Hygienists’ Association and many others.

Residents with relevant skills including prior experience on volunteer boards, councils or committees, are encouraged to apply.  Meetings convene in Regina, Saskatoon or other locations in Saskatchewan.  The time commitment ranges from four to 12 days a year.  Travel expenses and an honorarium will be paid.

Saskatchewan residents interested in serving on a council should submit a resumé including a history of their community involvement and volunteer activities, along with relevant education and employment experience to the Saskatchewan Ministry of Health, Partnerships and Workforce Planning Branch, 3475 Albert Street, Regina, SK S4S 6X6, or email [email protected].

For additional details, visit and search “health professional associations.”