COVID-19 Update: Two Additional Deaths, 181 New Cases, 62 in Hospital, 63 Recoveries
Two residents from the North Central zone who tested positive for COVID-19 have died. One individual was in their 20s and one was in the 80+ age group. This brings the total number of deaths in the province to 31.
There are 181 new cases of COVID-19 to report in Saskatchewan on November 15, 2020, bringing the provincial total to date to 5,001 cases. The new cases are located in the Far North West (9), Far North East (7), North West (16), North Central (9), North East (6), Saskatoon (64), Central West (2), Central East (1), Regina (28), South West (1), South Central (10) and South East (18) zones and 10 new cases have pending residence information.
Six cases with pending residence information were assigned to North Central (3) and North West (3) zones.
Of the 5,001 reported cases, 1,807 are considered active. A total of 3,163 people have recovered.
Sixty-two people are in hospital. Forty-six people are receiving inpatient care; one in the Far North West, one in the Far North East, three in the North West, four in North Central, three in the North East, 25 in Saskatoon, two in Regina, two in the South West, one in South Central and four in the South East zone. Sixteen people are in intensive care; one in the North West, three in North Central, seven in Saskatoon, two in Central East and three in Regina.
Of the 5,001 cases in the province:
- 409 cases are travelers;
- 2,225 are community contacts (including mass gatherings);
- 1,063 have no known exposures; and
- 1,304 are under investigation by local public health.
Overall in Saskatchewan to date:
- 141 cases are healthcare workers; however, the source of the infections may not be related to healthcare in all instances.
- 1,036 cases involve people 19 years of age and under, while the remainder are adults.
- 1,842 cases are in the 20-39 age range; 1,381 are in the 40-59 age range; 616 are in the 60-79 age range; and 126 are in the 80-plus range.
- 51 per cent of the cases are females and 49 per cent are males.
- 31 deaths related to COVID-19 have been reported to date.
Of 5,001 confirmed cases:
- 1,424 cases are from the Saskatoon area
- 1,068 cases are from the north area (351 north west, 498 north central, 219 north east)
- 731 cases are from the Regina area
- 648 cases are from the south area (256 south west, 269 south central, 123 south east)
- 630 cases are from the far north area (488 far north west, 31 far north central, 111 far north east)
- 476 cases are from the central area (212 central west, 264 central east)
- 24 cases have pending residence information
To date, 297,704 COVID-19 tests have been processed Saskatchewan. As of November 13, 2020 when other provincial and national numbers were available, Saskatchewan’s per capita rate was 195,892 people tested per million population. The national rate was 273,835 people tested per million population.
Yesterday, 2,967 COVID-19 tests were processed in Saskatchewan.
Additional Public Health Measures
The Saskatchewan Ministry of Health and Chief Medical Health Officer Dr. Saqib Shahab are implementing additional public health measures to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 that will take effect Monday, November 16. For more information, visit www.saskatchewan.ca/covid-19.
General COVID-19 Information
General public inquiries may be directed to [email protected].