COVID-19 Update: One Additional Death, No New Cases, Four in Hospital, Eight More Recoveries
There are no new cases of COVID-19 to report in Saskatchewan on August 25 and one case found to be an out-of-province resident has been removed from the Saskatchewan count. This brings the total to 1,601 reported cases.
One more person with COVID-19 has died. This person was in the Central West zone and was in the 70 to 79 age range.
Of the 1,601 reported cases, 88 are considered active. A total of 1,490 people have recovered.
Four people are in hospital. One person is receiving inpatient care in Saskatoon. Three people are in intensive care, all in Saskatoon.
Investigations completed thus far have found that 57 of 88 active cases are in communal living settings.
Of the 1,601 cases in the province:
- 233 cases are travellers;
- 818 are community contacts (including mass gatherings);
- 484 have no known exposures; and
- 66 are under investigation by local public health
Overall in Saskatchewan:
- 65 cases are healthcare workers; however, the source of the infections may not be related to healthcare in all instances.
- 262 cases involve people 19 years of age and under, while the remainder are adults. 515 cases are in the 20-39 age range; 492 are in the 40-59 age range; 276 are in the 60-79 age range; and 56 are in the 80-plus range.
- 51 per cent of the cases are females and 49 per cent are males.
- 23 deaths related to COVID-19 have been reported to date.
- There are:
o 413 cases from the south area (213 south west, 189 south central, 11 south east)
o 352 cases from the far north area (346 far north west, 0 far north central, 6 far north east)
o 259 cases from the north area (125 north west, 68 north central, 66 north east)
o 251 cases from the Saskatoon area
o 194 cases from the central area (161 central west, 33 central east)
o 132 cases from the Regina area
To date, 132,332 COVID‐19 tests have been performed in Saskatchewan. As of August 23, 2020, when other provincial and national numbers were available from the Public Health Agency of Canada, Saskatchewan’s per capita rate was 95,704 people tested per million population. The national rate was 137,517 people tested per million population.
Yesterday, 388 COVID-19 tests were performed in Saskatchewan.
COVID-19 testing is now available to anyone who requests it, regardless of whether they have symptoms or not. A referral for testing can be made by contacting HealthLine 811. Contact your physician’s office if you are experiencing worsening symptoms. If you require urgent care, call 911.
General COVID-19 Information
General public inquiries may be directed to [email protected].
Find the most up-to-date version of the Re-Open Saskatchewan plan at www.saskatchewan.ca/re-open.