COVID-19 Update: 202 New Cases, 116 in Hospital, 128 Recoveries
There are 202 new cases of COVID-19 to report in Saskatchewan on December 5, 2020, bringing the provincial total to date to 9,730 cases.
The new cases are located in the Far North West (8), Far North East (17), North West (18), North Central (33), North East (10), Saskatoon (4), Central West (8), Central East (8), Regina (51), South West (21), South Central (6) and South East (13) zones and 5 new cases have pending residence information.
One case has been assigned to the North East (from October 21); nine cases with pending residence information were assigned to the North West (one from November 23), North Central (seven from December 3), and South East (one from November 29).
The seven-day average of daily new cases is 263 (21.7 new cases per 100,000 population). Important Note: The case numbers reported today from Saskatoon are much lower than anticipated due to a data-related issue that is in the process of correction and is expected to be updated tomorrow.
Of the 9,730 reported cases, 4,191 are considered active. A total of 5,484 people have recovered.
One-hundred and sixteen people are in hospital. Ninety-one people are receiving inpatient care: nine in the North West, 10 in the North Central, one in the North East, 34 in Saskatoon, one in the Central East, 15 in Regina, three in the South West, and 18 in the South East zones. Twenty-five people are in intensive care: five in the North Central, 11 in Saskatoon and nine in the Regina zones.
Of the 9,730 cases in the province:
- 498 cases are travelers;
- 4,149 are community contacts (including mass gatherings);
- 2324 have no known exposures; and
- 2,759 are under investigation by local public health.
Overall in Saskatchewan to date:
- 305 cases are healthcare workers; however, the source of the infections may not be related to healthcare in all instances.
- 2,031 cases involve people 19 years of age and under, while the remainder are adults.
- 3,422 cases are in the 20-39 age range; 2,596 are in the 40-59 age range; 1,307 are in the 60-79 age range; and 369 are in the 80-plus range. Confirmation of age is pending for five cases.
- 50 per cent of the cases are female and 50 per cent are male.
- 55 deaths related to COVID-19 have been reported to date.
Of 9,730 confirmed cases:
- 2,856 cases are from the Saskatoon area
- 1,997 cases are from the north area (711 north west, 956 north central, 330 north east)
- 1,880 cases are from the Regina area
- 1,259 cases are from the south area (496 south west, 437 south central, 326 south east)
- 1,021 cases are from the far north area (644 far north west, 83 far north central, 294 far north east)
- 675 cases are from the central area (293 central west, 382 central east)
- 42 cases have pending residence information
To date, 360,546 COVID-19 tests have been processed in Saskatchewan. As of December 3, 2020 when other provincial and national numbers were available, Saskatchewan’s per capita rate was 227,634 people tested per million population. The national rate was 314,614 people tested per million population.
Yesterday, 3,404 COVID-19 tests were processed in Saskatchewan.
Public Health Measures
For more information on the current public health measures or to see the Public Health Order, visit https://www.saskatchewan.ca/covid19.
General COVID-19 Information
General public inquiries may be directed to [email protected].