COVID-19 Update: 164 New Cases, 111 in Hospital, 79 Recoveries
There are 164 new cases of COVID-19 to report in Saskatchewan on November 25, 2020, bringing the provincial total to date to 7,047 cases.
The seven-day average of daily cases is 214 (17.7 new cases per 100,000 population).
The new cases are located in the Far North West (7), Far North Central (3), Far North East (8), North West (1), North Central (10), North East (5), Saskatoon (37), Central East (3), Regina (69), South West (9), South Central (1) and South East (9) zones and two (2) new cases have pending residence information.
One case with pending residence information was assigned to the South Central.
Of the 7,047 reported cases, 3,012 are considered active. A total of 3,998 people have recovered.
One-hundred and eleven people are in hospital. Ninety-two people are receiving inpatient care; one in the Far North West, eight in the North West, nine in North Central, one in North East, 36 in Saskatoon, two in Central East, 14 in Regina, two in South West, and 19 in the South East zone. Nineteen people are in intensive care: two in North West, 11 in Saskatoon, two in South West and four in Regina.
Of the 7,047 cases in the province:
- 460 cases are travelers;
- 3,195 are community contacts (including mass gatherings);
- 1,473 have no known exposures; and
- 1,919 are under investigation by local public health.
Overall in Saskatchewan to date:
- 216 cases are healthcare workers; however, the source of the infections may not be related to healthcare in all instances.
- 1,494 cases involve people 19 years of age and under, while the remainder are adults.
- 2,490 cases are in the 20-39 age range; 1,883 are in the 40-59 age range; 929 are in the 60-79 age range; and 246 are in the 80-plus range. Confirmation of age is pending for five cases.
- 51 per cent of the cases are females and 49 per cent are males.
- 37 deaths related to COVID-19 have been reported to date.
Of 7,047 confirmed cases:
- 2,042 cases are from the Saskatoon area
- 1,478 cases are from the north area (512 north west, 690 north central, 276 north east)
- 1,164 cases are from the Regina area
- 951 cases are from the south area (349 south west, 371 south central, 231 south east)
- 815 cases are from the far north area (554 far north west, 75 far north central, 186 far north east)
- 566 cases are from the central area (258 central west, 308 central east)
- 31 cases have pending residence information
To date, 326,871 COVID-19 tests have been processed Saskatchewan. As of November 23, 2020 when other provincial and national numbers were available, Saskatchewan’s per capita rate was 211,426 people tested per million population. The national rate was 293,363 people tested per million population.
Yesterday, 2,811 COVID-19 tests were processed in Saskatchewan.
Cases in Long-Term and Personal Care Homes
Positive COVID-19 cases in long-term and personal care homes are now available at www.saskatchewan.ca/covid19-carehomes.
Support Contract Tracing and Download the COVID Alert App
Health Canada’s COVID Alert application is available to Saskatchewan residents. This free, voluntary app provides digital alerts to let people know if they may have been exposed to COVID-19. It does not collect personal health information or track the location of users but can ensure your contacts get the earliest possible exposure notifications, if utilized.
COVID Alert is available for Canadians as a free download from the App Store or the Google Play Store.
More information on using the app and how your privacy is protected at www.saskatchewan.ca/covid19-apps.
General COVID-19 Information
General public inquiries may be directed to [email protected].