COVID-19 Update: 112 New Cases, 48 in Hospital, 54 Recoveries
There are 112 new cases of COVID-19 to report in Saskatchewan on November 11, 2020, bringing the provincial total to date to 4,326 cases. None of the new cases are in Saskatchewan residents tested out of province.
The new cases are located in the Far North West (7), Far North East (8), North West (1), North Central (1), Saskatoon (29), Central East (3), Regina (37), South Central (11), and South East (13) zones.
Two new cases have pending residence information. One case with pending residence information previously reported on November 8 has been assigned to the North Central zone.
Of the 4,326 reported cases, 1,363 are considered active. A total of 2,934 people have recovered.
Forty-eight people are in hospital. Thirty-seven people are receiving inpatient care; one in the Far North West, two in the North West, six in North Central, three in the North East, 22 in Saskatoon, three in the Regina zone. Eleven people are in intensive care; two in North Central, six in Saskatoon, one in Central East and two in Regina.
Of the 4,326 cases in the province:
- 396 cases are travelers;
- 1,963 are community contacts (including mass gatherings);
- 960 have no known exposures; and
- 1,007 are under investigation by local public health.
Overall in Saskatchewan to date:
- 124 cases are healthcare workers; however, the source of the infections may not be related to healthcare in all instances.
- 875 cases involve people 19 years of age and under, while the remainder are adults.
- 1,593 cases are in the 20-39 age range; 1,220 are in the 40-59 age range; 532 are in the 60-79 age range; and 106 are in the 80-plus range.
- 51 per cent of the cases are females and 49 per cent are males.
- 29 deaths related to COVID-19 have been reported to date.
Of 4,326 confirmed cases:
- 1,208 cases are from the Saskatoon area
- 905 cases are from the north area (295 north west, 438 north central, 172 north east)
- 641 cases are from the Regina area
- 577 cases are from the south area (243 south west, 243 south central, 91 south east)
- 535 cases are from the far north area (447 far north west, 9 far north central, 79 far north east)
- 448 cases are from the central area (203 central west, 245 central east)
- 12 cases have pending residence information
To date, 287,221 COVID-19 tests have been processed in Saskatchewan. As of November 9, 2020 when other provincial and national numbers were available, Saskatchewan’s per capita rate was 191,124 people tested per million population. The national rate was 267,225 people tested per million population.
Yesterday, 1,363 COVID-19 tests were processed in Saskatchewan.
General COVID-19 Information
General public inquiries may be directed to [email protected].